Fact Sheet - American Century Championship
||The 26th annual American Century Championship. This made-for-TV event owned and broadcast by NBC Sports is the premier celebrity golf tournament, which also raises funds for local and national charities. The event features a record purse of $600,000. The tournament is a 54-hole modified Stableford format that features some of sports' and entertainment's greatest celebrities. American Century Investments is the title sponsor of the tournament.
||July 14-19, 2015
TUESDAY: Lake Tahoe Visitors AuthorityTahoe South Celebrity-Am
WEDNESDAY: Practice Round
THURSDAY: American Century Celeb-Am Tournament
FRIDAY-SUNDAY: American Century Celebrity Golf Championship
||Edgewood Tahoe Golf Course
Highway 50 at Lake Parkway
South Lake Tahoe, Nevada
||More than 80 of the biggest sports and entertainment stars. Celebrities scheduled to appear include Charles Barkley, Aaron Rodgers, Ray Romano, John Elway, Jerry Rice and Jack Wagner.
Total Purse - $625,000
First Prize - $125,000
Second Prize - $75,000
Third Prize - $35,000
Fourth Prize - $25,000
Fifth Prize - $20,000 respectively
||Friday – LIVE ON NBC SPORTS NETWORK: 1-4 PM PT, 4-7 PM ET
Saturday - LIVE ON NBC: NOON-3 PM PT, 3-6 PM ET
Sunday - LIVE ON NBC: NOON-3 PM PT, 3-6 PM ET
(Re-air of broadcasts to be advised)
|2014 Mark Rypien (22, 21, 33, 76)*
2013 Bily Joe Tolliver (17, 25, 25, 67)*
2012 Dan Quinn (20-20-26, 66)*
2011 Jack Wagner (29-23-28, 80)*
2010 Billy Joe Tolliver (25-33-26, 84)*
2009 Rick Rhoden (25-31-18, 74)*
2008 Rick Rhoden (23-22-23, 68)*
2007 Chris Chandler (23-24-31, 78)*
2006 Jack Wagner (23-24-23, 70) *
2005 Billy Joe Tolliver (28-28-20, 76)*
2004 Dan Quinn (25-20-29, 74)*
2003 Rick Rhoden (76-67-66, 75)*
2002 Dan Quinn (71-71-71, 213)
2001 Dan Quinn (69-67-71, 207**)
2000 Al Del Greco (73-72-65, 210)
1999 Rick Rhoden (71-74-67, 212)
1998 Mario Lemieux (78-67-69, 212)
1997 Rick Rhoden (70-67-70, 207)
|1996 Billy Joe Tolliver (70-73-68, 211)
1995 Rick Rhoden (71-67-73, 211)
1994 Dick Anderson (72-69-71, 212 - Playoff)
1993 Rick Rhoden (66-71-70, 207)
1992 Dan Quinn (73-70-70, 213)
1991 Rick Rhoden (76-72-73, 221 - Playoff)
1990 Mark Rypien (78-71-72, 221)
*Stableford format **Tournament Record
Rhoden is an eight-time champion
Quinn is a five-time champion
Tolliver is a three-time champion
Wagner is a two-time champion
Top Ten Performances - 1990-2013
||American Century Investments
||Lake Tahoe Visitors Authority
||Harrah's Lake Tahoe
Proceeds realized by the tournament and related activities are for the benefit of local Tahoe South and national charities.
For 2014, national charities include the Stowers Institute for Medical Research.
For additional information click here.
To date, American Century Investments and NBC Sports have raised over $4 million for local and national charities through the American Century Championship.
||Milthorpe Sports LLC
||Tuesday through Thursday: $15.00 per day
Friday, Saturday and Sunday: $25.00 per day
Patron Badge: $60.00 (good for any and all days, Tuesday through Sunday)
NOTE: Ages 10 and under FREE with a paying adult, two children per adult
||Gate Entry and Ticket Sales start at 7:00 am Tuesday through Sunday.
Admission and Ticket Sales end at 3:00 pm Tues-Thurs - 2:00 pm Fri and 1:00
pm on Sat & Sun. Re-Entry back into the Course for daily ticket holders is
No Spectator Admission after posted gate hours.
|INCLEMENT WEATHER POLICY FOR SPECTATORS:
||Please observe all scoreboards/message boards for the WEATHER WARNING sign. This sign will appear in advance of inclement weather moving into the area. When the sign appears, you are advised to take precautions even before play is suspended. Suspension of play will be signaled by the sounding of an air horn or similar alert. You should seek shelter immediately upon hearing the alert. During periods of inclement weather, you should avoid the following: bodies of water, hilltops and high places, isolated trees, bleachers, open areas, wire fences/metal.
|CONDUCT, CUSTOMS AND ETIQUETTE:
||Please be advised of the following standards of conduct and etiquette:
- Everyone is requested to display traditional customs of etiquette, decorum and behavior, and to obey all Tournament policies, signs and verbal instructions of Tournament Officials. Protests of all types are forbidden.
- For security purposes, all ticket purchasers and holders consent to the reasonable inspection of his/her person and property before entering and/or on the grounds. Refusal of such an inspection or possession of prohibited items will result in exclusion/removal.
- Cell phones and beepers must be turned on Silent mode.
- Everyone is requested to observe the list of prohibited items.
- Drink plenty of fluids to avoid dehydration.
- Wear headgear for protection from the sun.
- Use sunscreen or sun block.
- Wear tennis shoes or soft-soled shoes.
- Do not wear spiked golf shoes.
- Familiarize yourself with the first aid location (by the 8th Hole).
- Wear comfortable and appropriate clothing for the weather.
NOTICE: Please take all your belongings with you at the end of the day. Belongings left overnight are not the responsibility of the tournament and may be removed by course maintenance and discarded.
|PROHIBITED ITEMS AND RESTRICTIONS:
||This will be strictly enforced and items may be confiscated.
- No Food, small water bottle 12 oz. is ok.
- No plastic, metal or Glass Cups, Cans or containers of any kind except for medical of infant needs
- No computers or laptops (media is the exception)
- No fireworks or laser points
- No lawn or oversize chairs or seat cushions or bicycles
- No pets, except for service animals
- No knives, firearms or weapons of any nature
- No video cameras (all week)
- No radios or TV’s
- No Sports Memorabilia or Collectibles (jerseys must be worn or they will be confiscated)
- No Baseballs, Basketballs, Footballs or Hockey Pucks
- No Professional Cameras (long range lenses)
- No Alcoholic beverages
- No Signs or banners
- No Ladders/Periscopes
- No Walkie Talkies
- No Segways or Skate Boards
- No Backpacks, large purses and bags are subject to search
NOTE: “Point and Shoot” digital cameras are allowed all days of the tournament. No removeable lenses permitted. No Digital Single Lens Reflex (DSLR) cameras allowed.
||An autograph policy is in effect for official competition rounds (Friday-Sunday).
Players are asked not to sign autographs after the start of their rounds until the conclusion, except at their discretion during periods of suspension of play.
||There is no on-site parking at Edgewood Tahoe Golf Course. Public parking is located in the casino parking lots or along Lake Parkway.